HOW WE WORK WITH YOU
Federal Construction has 4 critical success factors and Terra partners with its clients to ensure seamless project delivery.
Terra’s Preconstruction team specializes in the delivery of comprehensive and compliant federal proposals.
- Project success is defined during the design development and estimating phase of the project, through a combination of detailed estimating, self-performance savings, pre-qualified subcontractor sourcing, conceptual schedule preparation, and overall safety analysis.
- Fiscal Y/E surge requirements are achieved with our dedicated staff of Estimators and preconstruction professionals. Terra will present a fully compliant proposal in accordance with agency and FAR submission criteria.
Contract success is further established through a rigorous start-up process with the goal of gaining on the project schedule immediately upon contract award.
- The Prime Contract will be executed and returned upon receipt, combined with the prompt delivery of bond(s) and insurance. A dedicated team will proceed with preparation and submission of all administrative submittals within 10 days of contract award.
- Concurrently, our Purchasing department will issue all Subcontracts and requisition of submittals both for self-performed and subcontracted work. A key metric of successful contract performance is directly attributable to project start-up. Terra will ensure a partnering pressure drives contract start-up and project success.
PROJECT EXECUTIONTerra retains a comprehensive staff of construction professionals who are collectively responsible for the overall project performance. A pre-planning and performance meeting is held with the construction team to establish critical success factors each project.
- Assigned responsibilities, governmental compliance criteria, logistics, safety, and overall project plan is determined. We bring our team to the post-award conference to earn the confidence of our clients through performance and partnering.
- Our Project Manager is responsible for ensuring our site team have the necessary tools and resources for project success, clearing away obstacles which may hinder project progression. The site team will orchestrate a safety, quality, and performance driven culture throughout the project, while also fostering a positive partnering approach with the client and tenant. Our collaborative approach continues to be a key factor of our success and project performance.
CONTRACT CLOSE-OUTContract Close-out is equally important to the project success and is a critical focus of Terra. Our support teams assist the Project Manager and Superintendent to identify and expedite the contract close-out procedures.
- Contractual closing of a project is critical for both the client and Terra to reduce administrative workloads and provide our teams the ability to transition to new opportunities. The systematic approach to delivery of all close-out documentation, complete resolution of any punch-list items, and fostering a positive experience throughout the project completion process is important to Terra.
- Following project completion and acceptance, the Terra team stands prepared to support and respond to any items which may arise during the warranty period.
Terra Site Constructors is the experienced, reliable and innovative provider of solutions for construction projects in the mid-Atlantic Region. With more than 150 years of combined engineering and construction experience and our unique design-build approach, our knowledge of complex construction projects is second to none. Click to view a collection of our work in the section below.
- Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway MSE WallsBrandi Pool2023-06-07T08:11:15-04:00
Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway MSE Walls
- Oxon Cove Trail RehabilitationBrandi Pool2023-06-07T08:10:45-04:00
Oxon Cove Trail Rehabilitation
- Arlington National Cemetery Pylon StabilizationBrandi Pool2023-06-07T08:10:19-04:00
Arlington National Cemetery Pylon Stabilization
Geographies Served & Certifications
Terra Site Constructors services clients in the mid-Atlantic region.
We perform work in Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Delaware, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The Terra Team brings a wealth of unparalleled expertise for the Highway, Commercial, Government and Industrial markets.
Terra Site Constructors is committed to being the BEST DBE and 8(a) partner in the industry.
OUR CUSTOMER STORIES
“Terra Site Constructors was awarded the Sound Walls subcontract for our recently completed I-95 Southern Terminus Extension project in Stafford County. Their level of commitment to timely delivery helped us to complete the project eight (8) months ahead of schedule. We were fortunate to have selected a partner that also understands the importance of producing quality work that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations and is proactive in seeking and offering solutions to challenging issues. For these reasons, we have since awarded Terra Site Constructors several additional projects, and we look forward to continuing our relationship for years to come.
“Terra Site Constructors was able to overcome significant challenges through innovative design, strong construction management, and a ‘never quit’ attitude. This was a substantial project with tight deadlines and various site challenges, however, Terra worked collaboratively with us and condensed their schedule in order to meet the project deadline. In short, they delivered, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
“We hired Terra Site Constructors, LLC to finish site-work on our project after terminating our original contractor. They responded quickly, exemplified excellent workmanship and commitment to detail, and were able to complete the project within budget and on schedule. Their performance on the project gave me the confidence to pursue other similar projects in the future.
“We have used Terra Site Constructors, LLC, as a subcontractor on several key Dominion Energy projects. They are a trusted partner who performs exemplary work for ITAC and have become an integral part of our team.
Terra Site Constructors is DBE certified and is led by professionals with hands-on experience and practical knowledge in the engineering construction market place.
Terra Site Constructors brings a wealth of experience and unparalleled expertise for a variety of vertical markets. We are dedicated to providing a superior professional touch in everything we do… from our first phone call, all the way through to project completion.