Terra Site Constructors has a current requirement for an Estimator to support the Federal Program Groups team. The Estimator is responsible for supporting the Federal Programs Group by providing timely, accurate and detailed project Estimates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with management team to ensure complete understanding of the project scope of work.
- Assists in the development of Bid Packages.
- Completes job start packages and conveys project to Production for completion.
- Accurately completes all bids in a timely manner.
- Reviews specifications and drawings, attends pre-bid meetings to determine and prepare scopes of work and contents of budgets, pre-construction proposals and hard bids.
- Prepares bid general conditions and reviews with management/production prior to bid submittal.
- Must have the ability to work with subcontractors during bid process.
- Responsible for the development of accurate project estimates on a variety of projects supporting Federal Clients.
- Prepares estimates by taking-off assigned scopes of work.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in construction estimating, preferably working on projects supporting Federal clients.
- Ability to manage the design build process and work with outside design resources
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State Government procurement methodology.
- Experience generating take-offs.
- Experience working with/understanding bid job instructions and detailed specifications.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, Autocad and estimating software.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Requires a minimum of a BS in Engineering or Technology degree, with advanced education desirable, or comparable hands on experience.