Terra Site Constructors is a self-performing general contractor servicing the mid-Atlantic region and recent entrant into the SBA 8(a) program. Our strategic plan is to expand our performance of federal construction services in both the infrastructure and vertical markets. Terra’s continued and accelerating growth will provide opportunity for our team of construction professionals to shape our corporate culture of integrity and innovation.
Terra is seeking a Project Manager with federal experience and expertise, with a desire for opportunity and growth, and willingness to be a contributing part of our team. We want to build upon our winning team with individuals who share our pride and dedication to deliver their projects with a higher standard of care. If you are looking to make a difference, willing to work in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment, and embrace the challenges of growing a small business, then Terra is the company who needs you.
Position Description: Terra Site Constructors is seeking a Project Manager to support construction operations throughout the D.C. metropolitan region, but may include projects in VA, WV, PA, MD, DE, NC, and SC. The individual shall be responsible for performing overall project management duties including client relationship management, project buy-out, subcontract scopes of work, scheduling, creating SOV’s, submittal oversight, coordination of subcontractors, RFI’s, resolution of contract issues, attend production/QC meetings, negotiations, contract documentation, Superintendent management, change order preparation and submission, correspondence, and other duties as assigned. The Project Manager will manage their projects utilizing construction management software. The Project Manager shall report to the assigned Sr. Project Manager or V.P. The individual will be assigned to the Terra office located in Chantilly, Virginia or Rockville, Maryland.
- The Project Manager candidate must possess a minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated practical field experience as tradesmen, foreman, field engineer, superintendent, or related position with commercial or government construction projects.
- Degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or relevant program preferred, but not required.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Project Manager on government projects ranging in size from $100K to $5M. Higher valued projects are acceptable, but not required. Experience with the 8(a) program preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal construction practices, procedures, administration, and safety.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule development and maintenance utilizing Primavera, Suretrack, or MS Project.
- Practical knowledge of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe. Experience with project management software application(s) a plus.
- Must have the ability to acquire standard government pass and/or access requirements for Federal installations.
- Must be able to prepare scopes of work (SOW), itemized change order estimates, and proposal preparation duties.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to visit project(s) monthly as assigned (1-2 days).
- Must pass a drug screening test.