Construct Swimming Pool and Upgrade Campground Facilities
National Park Service
Terra Site Constructors, LLC
Project Start Date:
Project Completion Date:
The National Park Service selected Terra Site Constructors to perform new construction and renovation requirements for Camp Misty Mount, located in Catoctin National Historic Park.
The scope of work included site demolition of a recreational pool facility, utility upgrades, site work improvements, renovation of the existing pool house, construction of a new ADA accessible swimming pool, secondary power and interior electrical distribution for 36 buildings, mechanical upgrades to several buildings, site amenities, fencing, and site pavements.
Historic Camp Misty Mount was originally constructed by the WPA in 1937 as a public recreational facility and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The swimming pool and supporting bath house required upgrades to meet current ABBAS/ADA standards, which required construction of the pool with an integral ramp. Additionally, the pool house was also improved and upgraded to current accessibility standards. The historic cabins required upgraded electrical service and interior distribution systems.
- Remote location with limited resources
- Extended winter working conditions
- Aggressive completion schedule
- Protection of historic resources and structures
- Implementation of a Project plan with solution driven approach
- Coordinated schedule activities to accommodate winter conditions
- Held weekly coordination meeting to ensure cooperation between trades
- Followed protection procedures for historic resources and structures
Terra completed ahead of schedule.