Fall Hill Ave. Widening & Mary Washington Blvd Extension
The Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Transportation
Corman Construction, Inc.
Project Start Date:
Project Completion Date:
Provided MSE Wall design and materials, select backfill, labor, equipment, supervision and incidentals to build two MSE abutments with wire faced MSE temporary walls, and one stand alone MSE wall. Terra Site constructors also provided design, supply of precast coping and C.I.P coping.
The existing two lane overpass of Fall Hill Avenue over I-95 needed to be widened to four lanes. MSE abutments, constructed in two phases were needed to complete this work. The first phase consisted of constructing a new two lane bridge with MSE abutments just south of the existing two lane bridge. Once completed, the existing bridge was demolished to make way for the second half of the new bridge, also supported by two new MSE abutments.
To enable the new bridge to be constructed in two phases, a temporary wire faced MSE wire wall was required to be built perpendicular to the face of each abutment at the center line of the new bridge structure.
- Labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install:
- MSE abutment (two phases) and one stand-alone MSE wall including leveling pads
- MSE wire faced temporary walls at each abutment
- Precast Coping on MSE abutments and wall, including leveling concrete on top of walls
- Materials, labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install Cast-in-Place coping on top of MSE wall
- Placed and compacted #57 Backfill material required for the MSE wall and abutments
- MSE wall including #57 backfill & Leveling Pads
- MSE wire faced temporary wall
- Precast Coping Installation including leveling concrete
- CIP Coping on MSE Wall