MWAA Railyard & Maintenance Facility
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Provided MSE Wall design and materials, select backfill, labor, equipment, supervision and incidentals to build one MSE Wall. Terra Site constructors also provided design, supply of precast coping and cast in place coping.
As an important part of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, the railyard and maintenance facility stores and maintains railcars and engines for WMATA. The railyard and maintenance buildings are being constructed on sloped land where much of it needed to be built up to become level and useful. At the lowest part of the property, a MSE retaining wall is required. Strict MWAA quality and safety standards proves to be a challenge in maintaining a smooth flow of construction and material handling.
Terra Site Constructors teamed with The Reinforced Earth Company in designing and installing an MSE retaining wall with leveling pad, coping, and cast-in-place coping. Thousands of cubic yards of select fill will be trucked in, leveled, and compacted behind the wall.
A safe construction sequence will result in a quality MSE installation.
- Labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install:
- MSE abutment, including leveling pads
- Precast Coping on MSE wall, including leveling concrete on top of walls
- Materials, labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install Cast-in-Place coping on top of MSE wall including concrete and corrosion resistant reinforcing bar
- Placed and compacted #57 Backfill material required for the MSE wall
- MSE wall including #57 backfill & Leveling Pads
- Precast Coping Installation including leveling concrete
- CIP Coping on MSE Wall