Rte. 460 Bridge Replacement VDOT H-05
Nottoway County, Virginia
The Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Transportation
Project Completion Date:
Provided MSE Wall design and materials, select backfill, labor, equipment, supervision and incidentals to build the MSE Wall. Terra Site constructors also provided design and supply of precast coping and cast in place coping.
Bridge replacement – Rte. 460 Business (Cox Road) over Norfolk Southern Railroad.
Curtis Contracting selected Terra Site Constructors to install two MSE bridge abutments for a bridge replacement over the NCRR Railroad at Cox Road, Blackstone, Virginia.
Due to potential settlement issues, the risk abutments needed to be constructed in two phases around pre-placed CMP sleeves through which steel piling was later installed.
Labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install:
- MSE abutment including leveling pads
- Precast Coping on MSE wall, including leveling concrete on top of walls
- Materials, labor, supervision, equipment and incidentals to install Cast-in-Place coping on top of MSE wall including concrete and corrosion resistant reinforcing bar
- Placed and compacted #57 Backfill material required for the MSE wall
- MSE wall including #57 backfill & Leveling Pads
- Precast Coping Installation including leveling concrete
- Cast in place coping on MSE Abutment Walls
- TSC Subcontract Value: $760,000
- Project Start Date: April 2016
- VDOT Contract Value: $628,000
- VDOT Start Date: July 2016
- Overall Project Value: $2,049,000
- Overall Project Start Date: May 2016
- Project Completion Date: Pending